1. Morning care
2. RT feeding
- Sponge bath will be given to patients who need assistance/bed ridden from 5am onwards till 7am.
- Kindly do not refuse sponge bath during early morning as later on, nurse gets engaged in other ward activities.
- We use chlorhexidine wipes for sponge.
RT feed will be provided within a time frame of 30 minutes from the due time of feeds for example, 10 am feeds may be given between 10 am to 10:30 am.
3. Call bell
4. Personal Belongings:
- Call bells to be preserved for nursing requirements only.
- For Housekeeping services related requirement please call on Housekeeping on call number –7045686076
- For Food services related requirement please call on F & B on call number-9152024130
- Call bells will be attended within 5 minutes.
- In case of any urgent call, relative can come to the nurse’s station and call for help.
5. Patient identification Bands
- Kindly do not keep any valuables in the patient’s room.
- During the hospital stay, patient should not be carrying any valuables or wearing jewellery.
- If any personal belonging such as Mobile phones, jewellery, cash etc. is lost, hospital will not be responsible for the same.
For patient safety we are using following identification bands
Pink – Limb alert - No procedure will be carried out on this limb including taking of BP
Red – Allergy (medicine/food)
Florescent yellow - Fall Risk Band
Yellow – Vulnerable Patient – 24 hours attendant is must with the patient
Blue - Patient UHID Band
6. Fall Risk Band
7. Medication Education
- Patient with Fall risk band should have attendant with them all the time.
- "CALL DON’T" FALL bedside tag will be placed on patient’s foot end.
- Patient must ring call bell before doing any physical movement.
- The call bell should be within the reach of patient.
- Patient belongings like Mobile, Stick, Walker, Spectacles etc should be within the reach of patient.
- Side rails of bed should always be up for these patients.
- Grab Bars are provided in the washroom.
- Medications will be provided within 1 hour of time frame i.e 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the due time.
- Timings for the medications are as mentioned below:
9am - 9pm
10 am -10pm / 6am-6pm
8. Patient Unit Cleaning:
- Patients own medications / outside medications are not permitted in the hospital for use. If any medications are brought from home, kindly inform the nurses and they will be stored separately.
- In case of any itching, redness, vomiting or any kind of discomfort experienced during and after medication administration, kindly inform the nurse immediately.
- Self-administration of medications is Strictly Prohibited.
- In case of IV infusions, through infusion pump, if it beeps or if the infusion is about to end, kindly press the call bell.
- Please do not disturb a nurse while preparing and administering medication.
- Attendant medicines should not be kept with patient’s medication in the Bedside Locker.
9. Prevention of HAI
- Dry dusting of the patient unit and Wet Moping of the floor will be done in each shift / as and when required.
- Cleaning of the washroom will be done twice a day (Morning- Evening)/ as and when required.
Follow HAND HYGIENE steps and respiratory etiquettes to prevent infection to the Patient.
10. Food Timings:
Total 4 meals for the day, the timings are as follows.
Breakfast : 8am to 8.30 am
Lunch : 12pm to 1pm
Evening tea & Snacks : 4pm to 4.45pm
Dinner : 7.30pm to 8.30pm
Water jar will be filled on routine basis and on request. Relatives could use the water cooler available in the department.
11. Linen :
A fresh set of uniform will be given and bedding will be changed every morning and as and when soiled.
Visitor’s ID card to be carried all time and displayed when asked.
- Kindly arrange your vehicle / Ambulance well in advance on the day of discharge.
- Arrange your clothes well in advance on the day of discharge.
- Kindly confirm the medicine stock as per doctor’s prescribed medicine.
- Please ensure due payments/any documents relevant to discharge should be given a day prior to billing department.
Kindly note down your treatment related queries before doctor’s rounds so that it is easy for you to communicate with them.
Any other queries, to be escalated to floor coordinator/floor manager.
In case of any feedback /support please call on 9152050040.