Centre for Critical Care
Critical Care Hospital in Mumbai
The Centre for Critical Care at Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital is a specialised Centre providing the full range of services for comprehensive, patient-focused management of various critical care conditions. We offer sophisticated care with round-the-clock monitoring, adequate life support, and specialised nursing to critically ill patients.
The Centre for Critical Care is well-equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technology, and skills to ensure the patient’s safety and superior clinical outcomes, along with the reduced length of stay, lesser mortality, and almost no infection rate, as per HICC (Hospital Infection Control Committee) protocols.
Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital has dedicated Intensive Care Units (ICU) for Medical, Surgical, Neonatal, Paediatric, Neurosciences and Cardiac interventions, accommodating over 82 beds. Our multidisciplinary team of internationally trained critical care specialists offers 24X7 emergency care to address all critical care and post-operative complex surgical patients. Some of the major highlights of our Centre for Critical Care include:
- 24X7 emergency care
- Dedicated ICU beds with round-the-clock Intensivist coverage
- Central Monitoring System
- Isolation rooms equipped for immune-compromised and infective patients
- Maintaining quality indicators approved by NABH
- Excellent coordination between accident and emergency (A&E)
- Care for adult & paediatric patients with best outcomes
- Team of Internationally trained professionals, consultants, and experts
- Offers a full continuum of diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical procedures
- Equipped with ALS & BLS ambulance service
We endeavour to meet the unique needs of our patients and ensure they are served with the precision & the best medical treatment. We also thrive to keep our Centre for Critical Care updated with the latest technologies that help us complement the know-how and skills of our team of experts and deliver the highest standards of healthcare in India.
Advanced Technologies For Your Better Care:
Our team of highly experienced and internationally trained experts consist of surgeons, physicians, intensivists, paediatricians, neonatologists, respiratory therapists and specialised nurses, work in collaboration with other specialities to offer comprehensive critical care. The care we offered is complemented by advanced facilities and services that are unique and ensure the best chance of recovery from an acute injury or illness. Some of the advanced technologies that our centre offers include:
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Evidence-based physical therapy (EBPT)
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
- Slow Low-Efficiency Dialysis (SLED)
- Invasive Ventilation including Prone Ventilation, Recruitment Maneuvers, Airway pressure release ventilation (APRV)
- Non-invasive Ventilation- CPAP & BIPAP
- Cardiac Pacing
- Upper and lower GI endoscopy (to control bleeding)
- Intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP)
Other Supportive investigations
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Nuclear imaging
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Ultrasound and venous Doppler
Emergency Care Units:
Our Centre for Critical Care strives to cater to management of critically ill patients from medical and surgical specialities with life-threatening conditions and multi-organ failure requiring comprehensive and constant monitoring. We have different dedicated ICUs offering outcome-oriented programs for various emergency conditions. These include:
- Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU)
- Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit (NICU) (CCU 4)
- Organ Transplant Intensive Care Unit (OICU) (CCU 4)
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital is dedicated unit offering the highest level of care for premature...
The Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) at Nanavati Max SuperSpeciality Hospital is a part of the Centre for Critical Care....
The Surgical Intensive Care Unit at the Centre for Critical Care is a multispeciality, emergency care unit for critically ill patients who...
The Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital is a part of the Centre for Critical Care. It is one of the most...
The Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital provides specialised intensive care for neurosurgical,...
The Organ Transplant Intensive Care Unit at Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital is a dedicated unit offering comprehensive intensive care...
The Paediatric Intensive Care Unit at Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital is a multidisciplinary unit offering comprehensive tertiary care...