Centre for Urology
Best Urology Hospital in Mumbai, India
The Centre for Urology at Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital is a dedicated centre offering state-of-the-art facilities for comprehensive diagnostic and treatment options to treat a wide range of adult and paediatric benign and malignant urological conditions.
As one of the best Urology Hospitals in Mumbai, India our centre is well-equipped with cutting-edge equipment and technology to deliver the highest quality outcome. We offer all advanced modalities of treatment like non-invasive and minimally invasive options for the management of urinary system diseases.
Our team of highly experienced experts consists of urologists, andrologists, oncologists, nephrologists, and transplant surgeons who follow a multidisciplinary approach to deliver quality services that are at par with international standards. The Centre for Urology Mumbai also has excellent interdepartmental cooperation from the departments of Anaesthesia, Pathology, Cardiology, Radiology, Immunology, and Interventional Radiology.
We offer round the clock inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical care in all aspects of adult and paediatric urology. The Centre for Urology Mumbai provides screening, staging and most up-to-date treatment in the management of urological conditions.
The dedicated specialist units at the Centre for Urology are further streamlined into various sub-disciplines of ‘Urology Care’. These include:
- Urological Surgeries
- Reconstructive Urology
We always strive to deliver the best care to those who seek advanced treatment ensuring patient-centric care with complete privacy and comfortable surroundings. We care for your safety and offer:
- Low infection rate & heart complications
- Higher survival rate
- Comprehensive care is available 24X7
- Isolated units and machinery for patients infected with HIV or Hepatitis B & C
- We follow the best infection control practices
The Centre for Urology Mumbai is supported by a dedicated ICU, operating theaters, and ultra-modern labs associated with complete biochemistry, and immune-microbiology for keeping track on drug levels, immunohistochemistry, and HLA typing.
The latest diagnostic and therapeutic facilities at the Centre for Urology include:
- Ultrasound KUB: It is a test performed using high-frequency sound waves to provide information about the shape, size, and position of the ureter.
- Uroflowmetry: It is a test performed to measure the volume of urine released from the body, the speed with which it gets released and duration it takes to come out of the body.
- Lithotripsy: It is a therapeutic procedure that involves breaking up of stones in the ureter (the tube that carries urine from your kidneys to your bladder) using shock waves.
- MRI-KUB: It is performed to assess the right size, shape, position, and function of the urinary and gastrointestinal system organs.
- MR-Urography: It is a radiation-free examination that utilizes magnetic waves to produce comprehensive images of kidneys, ureters, and bladder.
- CO2 Renal Angiogram: CO2 has developed into a secure and helpful vascular imaging contrast agent. It is the only established secure contrast agent in patients with renal failure and iodine contrast medium hypersensitivity.
- Plain KUB (Kidney, Ureter, and Bladder) X-ray: Provides information regarding any radio-opaque shadow within the KUB
- Cystometry and Urine Flow Tests: These tests provide information about the normal functioning of the urinary system.
What are bladder stones?
Bladder stones are crystallized minerals from hardened concentrated urine in the bladder. If untreated,...
What is an enlarged prostate?
Enlarged prostate is a disease seen in males as they grow older. It is the non-cancerous growth...