Dermatology Hospital in Mumbai
The Dermatology Department at Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital upholds high standards of excellence – be it consulting, dermato-surgery or academics.
Some of the topmost dermatiologists of India form our consulting panel and daily O.P.D.s are held to offer treatment to patients with skin diseases, sexually transmitted diseases, leprosy, and HIV + ve
We have conducted workshops on dermatosurgery and our consultants and students present papers at local, state, national, and international level conferences.
In a programme designed to share and spread our knowledge, we also offer observership posts for periods of 2 weeks to post-graduate students and consultants in dermatology from all over the country and abroad.
List of services of Department
Our department is well equipped with the latest instruments for dermatosurgery. Some of the specialities treatment we offer are:-
- Acne treatment for both active acne and acne scar marks.
- Cryoslush (treatment with solid CO2), cryoller, submission, and grafting for acne scars.
- Cryosurgery (with liquid Nitrogen) and Intra Lesional injections for keloids.
- Vitligo surgery for white patches by tattooing, grafting, and melanocyte transfer..
- Radiocautery for removal of growths (warts, skin tags, tumours etc).
- Hair transplantation.
- Phenolisation (for non-surgical destruction of growths and hair loss).
- Biopsies of skin, scalp or mucosa for diagnostic purposes.
- C02 laser ablation for tumors, full-face scars, etc.
- Ear lobe repair.
- Chemical peeling for pigmentation, blemishes, and post-acne marks.
- Nail surgeries.
- Phenolisation for vitiligo and for patchy hair loss (Alopecia Areata).
- Full-face dermabrasion for removal of deep Acne scars.
State-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology are used for all these surgical procedures. There is also a full-fledged cosmetology cell where specialized treatments for pigmentation, acne, wrinkles, diode laser hair removal, microdermabrasion, sutureless ear lobe repair, etc are all done apart from all other routine surgical procedures