Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS)
With the dramatic blooming of minimally invasive surgery across all medical specialities, orthopaedics is no exception. MIS is what it sounds, unlike traditional surgeries it does not demand large incision. It rather attempts to meet surgical goals by minimising
- Trauma to surrounding soft tissues
- The size of surgical incisions
- It also helps early ambulation and faster recovery.
- Some of the advantages of MIS include:
- Less trauma to surrounding tissues and muscles
- Smaller incisions
- Highly effective and less painful
- Quicker healing
- Shorter hospital stay and faster return to daily activities
- The overall recovery is productive and quick.