Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital has a dedicated Hepato-Pancreatic Biliary Malignancies Unit offering the highest quality of care to people suffering from a wide range of Hepato-Pancreatic Biliary (HPB) Malignancies such as:
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Neuroendocrine Tumours (NETs)
- Liver Cancer
- Gallbladder & Biliary Tract Cancer
- Gastro-Intestinal Stromal Tumour (GIST)
Our HPB surgeons, onco-surgeons, gastroenterologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, thoracic surgeons, and general surgeons work as a multidisciplinary team to offer a patient-centric treatment plan to patients diagnosed with Hepato-Pancreatic Biliary (HPB) Malignancies.
The unit is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic services to diagnose, treat and manage cancer that affects the digestive system. A doctor evaluates a patient’s condition by performing some diagnostic tests which include some physical examination, blood tests, imaging tests, biopsy, staging tests, etc. The latest minimally invasive techniques that we use at the unit for diagnosing cancer include:
- Laparoscopic Biopsies from Lymph nodes: Also called as laparoscopic lymphadenectomy, it is a minimally invasive test performed to take a sample of tissues from the lymphatic nodes in order to know exactly where cancer has spread.
- Laparoscopic Ultrasound and Guided Biopsies: It is one of the advanced methods that offers high diagnostic accuracy and is considered a safe procedure.
- Staging Laparoscopy: It is a minimally invasive procedure that helps in identifying the presence of tumour in the HPB tract of a patient. It helps the doctors to evaluate a patient's condition and determine the stage of cancer and its severity.
Based on a patient’s condition, our multidisciplinary teams at the unit designs a treatment plan according to his/her unique medical needs and type of Hepato-Pancreatic Biliary (HPB) malignancy he/she is suffering. Some of the major surgical procedures we offer to treat cancer include:
- Hepatectomy: Surgical procedure performed for the removal of all or part of the liver affected with cancer.
- Whipple’s Procedure: It is a complex surgical process performed to treat the widespread tumour of the pancreas, intestine, and bile duct.
- Extended Cholecystectomy: It is a minimally invasive surgical process that involves the removal of the gallbladder.
- Bile Duct Excision: Surgery to remove the bile duct or gallbladder outside the liver, affected by cancer.
- Extended Liver Resections: The procedure is performed to treat advanced gallbladder cancer with hepatic involvement.
- Liver Transplant: It is a surgical process of removing a liver that is no longer functioning properly and replacing it with a healthy liver obtained from a living or deceased donor (a person who is declared brain dead by a doctor). It is a treatment option for people with end-stage chronic liver disease like HCC, Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma, and Neuroendocrine tumours.
Our surgeons offer a combination of treatments to cure malignant tumours more effectively. In addition to the above mentioned procedures, we also offer chemotherapy and radiation therapy to treat the infected tissues by sparing healthy tissue from excessive radiation while delivering a highly potent dose to the tumour target.
We strive to offer the most comprehensive, effective and patient-centric care that starts right from the diagnosis and continues even after the treatment is over.
Find Complete Relief from Nanavati Max Experts
If you think you are facing similar conditions, or have suffered from them in the past, please contact the Nanavati Max team to schedule an appointment at : +91 22 2626 7500